View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 08:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
I realized a very long time ago that the White Sox will never get a fair shake in this city with the media. But it still pisses me off at times. The first place White Sox win todays game with a walk off home run by the Tank. The bad guys on the Northside just got swept today in Atlanta. Channel 7's 5 o'clock news opens there sports segment featuring the Cubs loss and Channel 2's 5.30 news opens there sports segment featuring the Cubs loss also. This certainly has to upset the White Sox management when your first place team plays second fiddle in the media to a team thats going to lose 100 games again.
It's the first week of the season, and the Sox are 4-2 (not 6-0), so I'm quite sure that nobody except the hardest core of Sox fans cares that they are in "first place". Just accept it, the Cubs have the bigger fanbase, and so by default they're going to get more coverage. That can change later in the season when "first place" means something, but for now there's no reason to complain about this (especially since it's just more coverage of the Cubs sucking).