View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 07:10 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Aren't those Sunday autograph sessions supposed to be for kids only? I know today's kids wouldn't have been born while these guys were playing, but I was told they were just for kids. I like collecting the '83 guys autos, but I hate being the creepy dude in a line with a bunch of eight year olds. I asked the Sox on Friday about it....

Brian,

Thanks for the message. I double-checked with our Guest Relations department, and they confirmed that the pre-game autograph sessions on Sundays are only for kids. You're welcome to stop by and see if they'll let you in line, but I think they're pretty strict on the policy of only allowing kids to get autographs. I wish I was able to help you out, but I hope you have a great time at the game regardless!

Typical of the Sox to have '83 players back and only allow kids who have no clue who they are to get their autographs. Anyone should be allowed to get the players' autographs. The Sox have historically done a poor job of any autographs signings that they have. Both the Tigers and Royals have pre game autograph sessions on the concourse (Royals) or ramps (Tigers) that all fans have access to. A couple of years ago, I did the picnic in the park and had Christine O' Reilly scold us for getting in line for autographs immediately and not eating the food that was available. I was paying good money to get autographs not to eat hot dogs and chips, but she just didn't get it.

Last edited by Wedema; 04-07-2013 at 07:44 PM.