View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 03:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Okay, I'm mad. I just saw on TV that Julio Cruz and Rudy Law were at the game and signing autographs today. The appearances were not promoted anywhere to my knowledge. I'd have gone to the game if I would have known they'd be at the game. Why in the world wouldn't you promote their appearances? It reminds me of a game last year when Dick Allen and Rich Gossage had an autograph session before a throwback game, but it wasn't promoted. What's going on here? Do the Sox even have a public relations/marketing department?
Just a wild guess... Probably because you're talking about Julio Cruz and Rudy Law. They're not exactly celebrities.

I've always had good experiences at the ball park. You guys have to understand that the people working are typically dealing with drunk *******s and not getting tipped. It's a tough job and they're probably underpaid. Cut them some slack.

Traffic management employees are absolutely awful everywhere around the city. That's the city's problem, not the Sox.

In general, Chicago just isn't a friendly place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).