Thread: Rosemont Cubs?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 06:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
That says it best for me. The tide began to turn in 1967 when the Cubs began their mini revival under Leo Durocher and the Sox hitless wonders couldn't seal the deal. After the 84 season the Cubs really began to pull away and have lapped the Sox many times over in the fan department since then. The Sox haven't helped themselves over the years with one PR and business gaffe after another. Now the situation is such that the Sox have to put out a consistent winner in order to start reversing the situation. They have failed in that regard.
I agree with this completely. But I must say I think the Cubs bubble is getting ready to burst and there are cracks in it already. They still out draw the Sox but there are more and more no-shows. I know one Cub fan who is still somewhat delusional and half believes that the current rebuild will net a World Series. But he limits himself to attending one game a year. The guy is near retirement age and has not experienced a World Series as a Cub fan. He is tired of the constant failure and Wrigley Field is not enough to draw him out more than once a year.