View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:12 AM
WSI Church Elder

The food at Sox games used to be very good for ballpark food, but that was years ago. Sportservice is brutal. It has been for a long time. Somewhere along the way, too, the Sox have confused quantity with quality. The food options are at an all-time high, but I would say the quality is at an all-time low. I try to buy as little at the park as possible these days after growing tired of receiving overpriced cold dogs and warm beer. Is it that hard to get the basics right?

On top of it, all of the added portable stands now do a good job of blocking the view of the field from the concourse. That view used to be a unique feature to the park. It's not the biggest thing in the world, but still...

It's not impossible to serve mass quantities of relatively good food. Taste of Chicago does it every year. Then again, the Taste vendors have a stake in their product. Sportservice doesn't seem to care about much beyond collecting your money. And I guess the organization doesn't care about much beyond collecting Sportservice's high bid.