View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
Once again, Ventura never said that he doesn't believe he's the right person to manage the Chicago White Sox. He said that the decisions rests with management, which is absolutely correct.
KW was quoted saying Ventura told him exactly that when he first approached him about the job. And that he had to convince him otherwise.

Quote:
I'm trolling you because you've read an article that I haven't. What? I'll admit that you correctly cited the statistics about MLB managers not lasting four years in a given job. You were correct on that point, as the article supports your statement.
You're trolling because I know you already know that. You're not new to baseball or the board. Most managers get canned in the first two years. Common knowledge.

Quote:
That's my point, though. I never said he couldn't be fired, and you haven't proven otherwise. I said that there wasn't any evidence to suggest that he would be, as the Sox are pleased with his performance as manager.
Not accepting evidence is not the same as no evidence. Between Ventura's statement, manager statistics, and the cliff the last team fell off (which now you've continued not to mention twice), the evidence is there. Don't agree with it? Fine. That's not the same as no evidence.

Quote:
I'm not going to dignify this last point with a response.
Are you sure you wouldn't like to tell me what's wrong with me or that I've got a personal agenda or liken me to Jay Mariotti? No? Okay, maybe next time.