Thread: Rosemont Cubs?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:02 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
I agree with you, as I said before Addison was picked for a reason, it is probably right in the middle of the metro area, population and location wise, maybe a tad bit west but not enough to make that much of a difference. Only downside was no public transportation but that doesn't seem to hurt teams like the Angels or Rangers.
Those are entirely different metro areas that are much more car-centric than Chicago. There is no public transporation in Anaheim or Arlington basically, so it's not really an apt comparison. Here in our own metro area, Wrigley Field has essentially no available parking and the Cubs are able to draw 35,000+ a night.

Also, the Angels and Rangers both were in the lower half of the AL in attendance before they had their respective runs of success. I have no doubt if the Sox were coming off a decade like the Angels had or the recent run Texas had, we'd be racking 30,000+ per night, too.

The problem isn't where the park is PER SE. The problem is that I'm going to be 30 years old this summer and the Sox have only won 4 playoff games in my lifetime outside of the one year they put it all together.