View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:09 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
The Sox are not favored to be good. They won 85 games last year. They aren't many (or any that I can find) that predict them to even do that well this year.
Yes, you've said this before, but you haven't explained why the Sox's predicted struggles would be sufficient to get Robin Ventura fired or cause him to resign. Nothing I've seen from Robin suggests he's about to walk away from managing the Sox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman
Between Robin outright talking about walking away and the chances of being fired, I don't see why you're attacking me.
No one is attacking you, as doublem23 already pointed out. I am attacking your position, which is an entirely different issue than an attack against you.

Quote:
Managers dealt bad hands get fired every year. Managers get fired in year two all the time.
What does that have to do with Robin's status as manager of the Chicago White Sox?

Quote:
I thought this was Robin's last year. Am I wrong on this?
An article published by Yahoo Sports specifically states that Ventura was offered a one-year contract extension by Rick Hahn that would have kept him under contract until 2015. Ventura's reason for turning down the extension was he wanted to prove that he was "still the right guy" for the job by the time his contract was up, rather than agreeing to an extension he didn't believe he'd earned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Ventura
"For them, I want them to have two years to think I知 still the right guy for the job for that to continue to go. It wasn稚 anything that was a big deal, so I知 not holding out for anything or disappointed in not wanting to stay here. I think at the end of that, that痴 when you talk about it. I知 not worried about trying to extend anything right now. I知 more worried with this team in this spring training than I知 worried about 2015.
Quote:
The Tigers are a once in a generation type of team. They have the best pitcher in baseball, the best hitter in baseball, and the best left handed hitter in baseball. They've got one of the three best 1-5 rotations in baseball (probably the best). You can think that's not true all you want, but there are plenty more people that do see it that way. Baseball people, mostly. Yeah, they might be wrong. But are they wrong enough for Leyland to get fired? That's a phenomenal stretch on your part. I'm not taking that bet.
Prince Fielder is not the best left-handed hitter in baseball. That honor belongs to someone who plays on the West Coast. Why are you anointing the Tigers as the 2013 World Champions when the season is three days old? It seems to me that they had the best hitter, pitcher, and fat man in baseball last season, and they didn't win a damn thing!

Did I miss their World Series victory? I thought the Giants won the World Series. Am I wrong?

Quote:
I don't see what our records in previous years have to do with the 2013 Tigers.
The Sox previous won-loss records have nothing to do with 2013 Tigers.

Quote:
There is zero reason I should be attacked for predicting, and this is a prediction COMPETITION thread, that a manager in Robin's position could go first. And it's even more laughable when there's evidence of actual ridiculousness afoot.
Evidence? What evidence? Show me this supposed evidence!

Quote:
edit: I'm really tired of hearing the agenda angle, and OH if it were another poster...bull****. Whether its a sox thread or a bulls thread or whatever, any negativity from any poster is being met with such outright homer-ism lately its childish.
You'll forgive me if I can't stop from laughing at this part. You don't like people accusing you of having an agenda? Stop posting nonsense that's not supported by facts. If you stick to posting material that can be supported with news articles and other reliable information, no one will find fault with you or your position on a particular issue. I certainly won't, even if I don't necessarily like what you've chosen to share.

Quote:
Learn to discuss instead of attack. The problem isn't the negative ideas. It's the way you're incapable of processing them.
I'll limit what I say here because I'm not a moderator, but I would suggest you re-read the first and third lines of this passage.