View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 05:13 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Wedema:

I've been around here since 2002, 11 years now... you know I'm not one to make stuff up and say things that don't have some facts behind them.

I'm not going to name my sources, period. You can take what I write at face value or dismiss it, your choice.

But I do get upset with the inference that I'm making things up for the hell of it. Don't confuse me with some other posters who have been banned for things like that.

All you have to do is read the over 50 interviews I've done for this site to know that I have access to individuals in the organization that do know what's going on....and I keep in touch with them regularly, both former players, former members of the front office and current ones via phone calls and e-mails.

If that isn't enough to convince you then there's nothing more I can say or will say for that matter.

Lip
Lip: I think the point that many have made is that instaed of whining about it, the front office had plenty of time to react to it:

1. As previously mentioned, the Red Sox have 17 home dates in a city that has weather just as bad as Chicago. They have already slashed concession prices for April games
2. School is still in. Make that a positive. Do promotions that offers free student tics w adult tics. Offer promotions to schools that schedule bus trips to games.
3. Offer 2 for 1 to college students while they are still in the area.

In general these slouches in the front office need to look around what other teams do to promote fan interest. There are quite a few cities besides Chicago that experiences cold weather in April that don't have domes.