View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 12:24 PM
WSI Guru

lpneck:

I don't "believe" there is an anti-Sox agenda from the schedule makers per se. I do think they are getting the short end of the stick because that is what is being relayed to me by folks in the front office.

Take it for whatever that's worth to you. They don't like it, and based on what I see I think they have a case.

Sox attendence is going to be basically zero the rest of those April home games unless the weather warms up. Now think about this, you've got a franchise that has lost fans for six straight seasons...that's a fact. So what does MLB do?

They give them 16 April home games...in Chicago...in April. How dumb does someone have to be? To say nothing of the construction that is also going to have an impact on getting to the game.

Now it's also a fact (as told to me by an individual in the Sox front office), that when Cleveland was struggling with attendence MLB for example slated the Yankees twice during the summer on a weekend in order to help out.

Do you see this kind of help in regards to the Sox?

Didn't think so.

Maybe I'm wrong...maybe the Sox will have 20 thousand actual fans in the seats for all the remaining April home games but I'd be willing to make you a wager they don't. This franchise is struggling getting fans in the seats...this doesn't help matters does it?

Regarding the Royals all I can say is that they've had what, one winning season in a decade, we keep hearing every season about all this great young talent and then we see the results. They get lit up like a Christmas tree by everyone BUT the Sox.

Frustrating and embarassing... to say nothing of the fact it cost the Sox a playoff spot.

This offense is probably going to be sporadic this year as others have already said so it's not just me. And besides I said I gave the offense a mulligan yesterday because it was so damn cold. Don't know what more you want?

Lip