View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 12:59 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by central44 View Post
I might be the only one who feels this way, but I don't like this at all. The Ravens just won the Super Bowl and earned the right to open the NFL season at home, which is a tradition reserved for the champions. Its not like this happens all the time.

If i'm the Orioles, I work something out with them even though I have the right to play at that time. Maybe it's a bit of an inconvenience, but it's the classy thing to do. A regular season game is obviously not as significant as the ring ceremony and everything it would represent for the Ravens, and I would hope that if the roles were ever reversed I would get the same treatment.

**Edit** I just read that article. It looks like the Orioles genuinley tried to accomodate the Ravens and it just didnt work. I retract my statement
I dont see how any Sox fan would want them to have even the slightest inconvenience
and competitive disadvantage because of tradition and fairness to another team in a different sport in another city. It wasn't just an Orioles issue. The White Sox had important rights here.

-A Tigers fan, just before the Pale Hose defeated the Kitties 9-1.