Thread: Rosemont Cubs?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 03:29 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
I'm not suggesting that it would make financial sense to move to the suburbs at all, just that I think people are discounting the amount of people that would prefer the ballpark not be in the city as a minor number. Also, if you are going to mention poverty in the suburbs, the city hasn't exactly been doing all that well the past few years either.
It is a minor number, though, compared to what you lose. Nobody in their right mind is trying to build anything to appeal solely to Mr. and Mrs. Suburb and their 2.5 kids; for the same reason that many companies in the area have abandoned their suburban office parks to move back downtown; I'm not saying the city or the burbs are better or worse for day-to-day living, that's all personal preference, of course, I'm just saying, if you're object is to try to attract 3 million people to a specific location over the course of several months, limiting the overall accessibility of your location by moving it 20 miles away from the center of this very centrally-focused transporation infrastructure would be simply foolish.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know