Thread: Rosemont Cubs?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Honestly, this would be the worst PR disaster and most boneheaded financial move in professional sports history if the Cubs were to move from their storybook ballpark in the heart of the City to some vacant lot out in Rosemont next to the Tollway. As a Sox fan, I'm on my knees praying that this is true and that the City of Chicago tells Ricketts to kiss ass and move.

From a logistical standpoint, this new site wouldn't be COMPLETELY removed from public transportation (looks like there's a Metra line there), but for all practical purposes, they might as well relocate to Rockford. The neighborhood around this site would be more barren than USCF.

Can't believe this is "real" leverage, and I hope the City doesn't take these clowns seriously, and on the same front I hope the Ricketts are 100% serious. Hilarious concept.
Agreed and I don't think any team from Chicago want's to be the first to leave the city proper. Even as close as Rosemont is it's still not Chicago. This with one move would hand the city back to the Sox forever more...

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...