Thread: Rosemont Cubs?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
And Dave Kaplan is making darn sure that he gins up this story to get the Cubs some leverage. The real story is whether the Cubs sent their favorite lap dog out to get this "exclusive" story. On his new show tonight Kaplan trumpeted this story, and to his credit Rick Morrissey sheepishly asked about him how this sorry came about. Kaplan said that he "heard some rumors."
Honestly, this would be the worst PR disaster and most boneheaded financial move in professional sports history if the Cubs were to move from their storybook ballpark in the heart of the City to some vacant lot out in Rosemont next to the Tollway. As a Sox fan, I'm on my knees praying that this is true and that the City of Chicago tells Ricketts to kiss ass and move.

From a logistical standpoint, this new site wouldn't be COMPLETELY removed from public transportation (looks like there's a Metra line there), but for all practical purposes, they might as well relocate to Rockford. The neighborhood around this site would be more barren than USCF.

Can't believe this is "real" leverage, and I hope the City doesn't take these clowns seriously, and on the same front I hope the Ricketts are 100% serious. Hilarious concept.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500