View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 12:07 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
In the long run the US continually losing might be what it takes to motivate the elite players into participating.

If seeing your country continually fail isn't motivation for you to get out there and help, then I don't know what to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Amsteel:

I disagree. This is a made up tournament that means absolutely nothing. What the USA does or does not do is meaningless to what elite players play for...a chance to get to the World Series.

Lip
I agree with Lip, I just don't think American players really give a damn about this tournament and I think the managers of the American team have consistently treated it like an extension of spring training. I think it is a VERY big deal for almost everyone else though.

This tournament is a really good idea but it has some kinks that need to be worked out. I hope it does well and eventually reaches the point where the best players from each country WANT to play in this tournament and you can do away with that pitch count rule and maybe move it out of the middle of March when players aren't ready yet.

Go Sox!!!