View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 12:07 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Sorry for piling on, but arm slot aide, the knuckle-curve isn't exactly easy to master -- or others would be throwing it. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two pitchers who have mastered it: Burt Hooton and Mike Mussina. I'm sure I'm overlooking others, but it's not like every team has a pitcher with one in his pitch selection.

I'm hoping both Danks and Crain are healthy enough to open the season with the team. I'm also concerned about Keppinger's shoulder. He's really not in Beckham's league defensively at 2B. If his shoulder isn't healthy enough to allow him to play third, it's a problem.
OK sorry to PO everyone; have been recalling how Contreras had that devastating forkball from 3/4 arm slot. Eventually Sale will likely develop more offspeed junk tho yes the changeup is already a plus pitch. And with RA Dickey throwing the hard knuckleball I keep thinking something weird along those lines would be a good tool for the arsenal. Or even some kind of screwball like pitch with reverse break to really give hitters something to think about. Would move Sale from 4 star to 5 star stellar rating.