I've really enjoyed this WBC so far- lots of memorable and unique games-
- Brazil taking an early lead over Japan- until the more experienced Japan comes from behind to win late
- A pretty shocking come from behind win by the Netherlands over Cuba- with the Cubans very exuberant manager
- Japan home runs soaring throught the TokyoDome
- The joy and exuberance of the Dominican Republic team
- This years complete surprise team- Italy (also my favorite uniforms in the tournament)
- Team USA's do or die win over Canada- on the edge of having to QUALIFY for the 2017 WBC
I'm a diehard baseball fan (not just an MLB fan)- for me the WBC is better baseball than at least 50% of all MLB regular season baseball- and with the distinctive styles and cultures of each country's team- just a really cool and unique baseball competition.
I do think MLB has to rethink how they make this tournament more accessible on TV and radio- all the US based games during the week should be played in primetime, at a minimum all team USA games should be on MLB radio, and maybe find a way to mix ESPN more- so this tournament gets more exposure. As an earlier poster mentioned- find a way to have the semis on Friday/Saturday- championship should be Sunday night.
2016 Record: 4-0
2005-2015 Record: 52-44
MLB Parks Visited: 25, MiLB Parks Visited: 18
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."