03-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
How do you grade Rick Hahn's first off-season as White Sox GM?
Some key dates to consider:
- October 26 - Hahn is officially introduced as White Sox GM, replacing his former boss Kenny Williams
- October 30 - White Sox sign Jake Peavy to 2 year, $29 million extension with $15 million vesting option for 2015.
- October 30 - White Sox exercise team option on Gavin Floyd's contract worth $9.5 million for 2013 season
- November 21 - White Sox resign Dewayne Wise to 1 year, $700,000 contract
- November 30 - Houston Astros claim Phillip Humber from White Sox off waivers
- December 6 - White Sox select Angel Sanchez from Los Angeles Angels in Rule V Draft
- December 10 - White Sox sign Jeff Keppinger to 3 year, $12 million contract
- December 14 - Kevin Youkilis signs 1 year, $12 million contract with New York Yankees
- December 26 - AJ Pierzynski signs 1 year, $7.5 million contract with Texas Rangers
- January 18 - White Sox avoid arbitration with Alejandro de Aza and Gordon Beckham, signing each to one year contracts worth $2.075 million and $2.925 million respectively
- January 25 - White Sox sign Matt Lindstrom to 1 year, $2.3 million contract with team option for 2014 at $4 million or $500 K buyout.
- February 1 - White Sox select Lars Anderson off waivers from Arizona Diamondbacks.
- February 22 - White Sox acquire Conor Gillaspie from San Francisco Giants in exchange for minor league pitcher Jeff Soptic. To make room for Gillaspie on 40-man roster, White Sox designate Lars Anderson for assignment, where he is selected by Toronto Blue Jays off waivers.
- February 22 - White Sox come to terms with all pre-arbitration eligible players, most notably Dayan Viciedo, Addison Reed, and Chris Sale who will earn $2.6 million, $520 K, and $600 K in 2013. Sale's deal is later amended when he agrees to a long-term contract extension in March.
- March 7 - Sox sign Chris Sale to 5 year, $32.5 million extension, with two option years potentially worth an additional $26 million.