View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 03:59 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
The Cubs looney business decisions are good fodder, but I'm not sure I agree with this point. The Sox basically haven't done anything in terms of player development from this point a year ago; they drafted a good high school hitter who is still years away from reaching the Show and even then, the farm system is still one of the worst in the league; the only thing that saves it from being rock bottom again is that a few other teams promoted some superstar talent out of their systems.

The Cubs, for all their off-field hilarity, actually are building something on the baseball side. Got a good pair of 23-year-olds already in the Majors, arguably a Top 10 farm system that made one of the biggest leaps forward last year, and they hold the #2 overall pick in the 2013 Draft.
I totally agree. I like to laugh at the Cubs as much as anyone, but at least they are working on shoring up their organization. I'm in no way predicting that Theo will succeed, but at least they're doing something. The Sox seem to have settled in to a recipe for mediocrity.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Cubs make the playoffs before the Sox.