View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
For how fast Pierre was, he really wasn't that good of a defender. It wasn't just the arm strength, it was his angles to the ball and costly drops. Let's not forget how many runs Viciedo saved by other teams opting not to send their runners home from 2nd on a single. I would expect him to improve just by adding more experience, so he can get used to tracking the ball and anticipating where it will go.
This is a do or die season for Beckham. He is still good enough defensively that at the very worst, he can be a utility man, but we really need to get more out of him.
I agree that Bechkam is probably done with the Sox, at least as a starter, if he repeats prior performances this year. If Sanchez has a season similar to last year I don't think they would hesitate to plug him in at 2B and in the 9 spot.

Sanchez is a plus defender who would add speed and average to a team that lacks both. Plus, he would be homegrown and much cheaper than Beckham who is set to make 3.5 million this year.

I don't think people should be ready to toss Sanchez in this year, but if both him and Beckham repeat performances from '12, Beckham has to be done.