View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 11:51 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Eh...I'd disagree with that. Countering the argument of the predictions with "they're meaningless" or "that's why they play the games" is pretty much saying the same thing.
Well, they are meaningless because the games played are what actually decide baseball, so that's just a fact. The reaction to BP was more to people who gave the predictions credence, specifically you who said that we basically had to accept that the Sox would have a losing record, to which dickallen posted that BP isn't that accurate with predictions and two of the teams they picked to finish in last place teams made the playoffs in 2012.

Nobody here has guaranteed the Sox would win the division. I don't think anyone actually predicted them to finish first. However, when Munchman trots out and says they have NO chance, with part of his argument based on these predictions, that is what people objected to. More specifically, I don't think people objected to that the Sox would finish in second place as much as the idea that the Sox would win only 77 agmes.