View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 02:17 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome25 View Post
I'm sorry that you feel that way. Nevermind pure logic. Nevermind that most Native Americans themselves are more than fine with the use of their imagery.

You think I'm wrong and I think you're wrong so lets just agree to disagree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asindc View Post
That notion is disputed by some Native Americans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
Do you have anything that supports this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_...pinion_Surveys

Stunningly according to that section a 2004 poll of 768 Native Americans found that 91% of them found the name "Redskins" acceptable.

They also cite a "near total disconnect" between Native American activists and the general Native American population.
That same article cites to a 2001 poll in which 81% of Native Americans polled found the use of Native American images and names for sports teams to be offensive. Thus, there seems to be continued dispute on this issue.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell