View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post

Apparently all this content I read from them that is not related to the preseason predictions must be from someone else.

Really, the only reason they are even this big of a deal is because they are blown out of proportion by idiots.
Last I checked our prediction contest doesn't cost one single dime to play and very few of the posters claim to be some kind of expert or have tried to pass off their predictions as anything more than a best guess. Maybe some people out there are running some kind of statistical analysis to come up with their numbers but I doubt it and I don't think any of our prediction contest people are charging anyone money to view their stab at the crystal ball.

See that's the part that I find most hilarious is that there are a lot of statheads who actually think BP has some kind of special ability to predict this stuff and buy into the projections. Stats have a place in baseball and mean something, but BP tries to make it the e all and end all of the discussion and bluntly speaking, it's not.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...