View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
These responses remind me of the infamous rant by jeremyb1, self-appointed leader of the "stat-geeks."
What? This is nothing at all like that. Not one bit. No one is making up the fact that lots of Native Americans are offended by offensive logos parodying them and their heritage and customs, not to mention using derogatory racial terms and images as sports team names and mascots. Is EVERY Native American outraged about EVERY single example of it? No, like I said, it's a case on case basis. But to have someone say they should be "honored" just to be included in the wonderful world of sports in that way, **** that. What's more important, being respectful to these people or ****ing sports? It's not surprising because people gotta have their sports. It wouldn't be the end of my world if the Blackhawks changed their name/logo because they were disrespectful of it.

But this is good though, very illuminating, posts like these. Nice to know what kind of people we're dealing with by being this honest.