I'm a fan of:
1. De Aza - good leadoff guy, better #2 - would prefer prototypical leadoff guy with more speed, walks, OBP and consistency
2. Keppinger - pretty good #2 guy, could be epic lower in the order or in a high AB supersub role like Maddon played him last year in Tampa
3. Dunn - We're stuck with him until contract is up, may as well keep him at #3, at least we'll get him on base for the RBI guys
4. Konerko - his protection is the only way Dunn has decent numbers, plus I'm old school - I like to see our best player hit 4th.
5. Rios - he did well here last year, why change it now? Plus he's lost his swing before when changed to different lineup spots.
6. Alexei - hope to see better results this year now that we're paying $7.5M this year and $9M next.
7-9. Three other guys who can hit.
Again I'll give Viciedo, Flowers and Beckham a chance. Let's see what they can do this with pressure to keep their jobs, at least long-term. It's not like we have big-league quality alternatives. If it clicks, we have a decent lineup to go with an above average pitching staff.
Also, not sure if I like two free swinging Cubans hitting back to back. Maybe give Flowers some protection and Viciedo less pressure hitting behind him in 8th as our "second cleanup guy"
Last edited by russ99; 01-24-2013 at 07:04 PM.