View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
At this point it doesn't matter to me what side the guy hits from. The Sox need another good hitter in that lineup, two would be better.

Lip
This is how I feel as well. The Sox should look to add one more solid bat to that lineup whether it is left handed or right handed. As Robin pointed out, both Paulie and Rios hit right handers very well so it isn't like our lineup is crippled against a righty. As constructed, I like this team probably more than a lot of people on this board because of the pitching staff. The Sox have a rock solid bullpen (on paper) and a deep rotation (again, on paper). Pitching is often the hardest hurdle for teams and I feel the Sox have a staff that can contend for the AL Central already in place.

It's the everyday lineup that scares me. Alexei showed signs of regression last year, AJ's high avg has been removed, Beckham disappears for weeks at a time, Paulie is coming off wrist surgery, and we don't know what we are going to get out of Flowers on an everyday basis. Getting consistent offense has been the issue the last few seasons and one more impact bat would really solidify things.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin