View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
I find it amusing that munch cites losing AJ offensively will hurt this team, and in the same breath saying Rios hit outside of his norms. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't AJ just do the same thing? So you're saying Rios will regress offensively, but AJ won't? Not saying Rios won't regress. I'll wait until he starts swinging a bat to make that determination, but there is also no guarantee, had AJ re-signed, that he would duplicate his offensive production from last season.
The problem is that in order to even be just as good as last year, you have to have bats that will replace their production from last year. The White Sox made matters worse than simply resigning AJ (who only took one year!). Now instead of regression from AJ, they're going from one end of the spectrum to the other, instituting a black hole in the lineup.

There are things we could do to improve the offense. I just get the sense that people are content. Which, I believe, is pretty ridiculous. We are going to need to pitch a lot of shutouts to stay competitive if this is our lineup.