View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:05 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
I don't know why this shocks people, The Tigers have a great team. They have a deep rotation which above average 2, 3 and 4 SP. The White Sox also are above average at the 2-3-4 spots. The Sox have a good bullpen, the Tigers do not. The Tigers have a great lineup, the Sox do not. The Tigers have an average defense, the White Sox are above average in most of the key spots.

The Tigers are built, if they perform, to win 100 or more games. The White Sox are built to win 85 and hope things go right.

As we found out last year, sometimes that works and sometimes it does not. Still have to play the year out.
This is extremely well stated and grounded. Nobody is contending that on paper the Tigers look to be a lot better than the Sox and everybody else in the division. No one is arguing that they're not a lock to be the preseason favorite to win the Central. We all understand that and are, from what I gather, in agreement with that assessment.

But, as you can see, there's a world of difference between munch's semi-trolling that basically insults anyone who doesn't share his extremely over-the-top worldview and those who have rational thoughts and mature conversations on the topic.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know