View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Pretty much and even if Detroit wins 105+ games next year (which I am going on the record now that I am highly, HIGHLY skeptical of), so what? Nobody gets an award for being the best team in the regular season. If the 2012 Tigers, a miserable collection of talent that spent most of the season under .500, can win the pennant then the only goal really does seem to be to just find a way to get to October.

This is a ridiculously inconsistent argument in that every prognisticator that you bow down to about Detroit a few posts ago also had the Lakers as a lock to be one of the top teams in the West. So you can't have it both ways. If you're going to cite how all the "experts" out there are drinking the Tiger Kool-Aid hard then you have to also be willing to live with the fact that the "experts" are wrong plenty of times.
Other than "AL Central Champion" and home field advantage in playoff, no award at all.

As for the Lakers, that's not exactly true. Yes, there were plenty of pundits all over them, but just as many were doubting based on the issues I've mentioned. The Tigers are consensus. Be honest, can you look at that rotation and not feel it's the best in baseball? Can you look at that lineup and not feel it's at least top three in baseball?