View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:14 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Agreed. Also, if anyone already in the HOF is suspected of cheating, whether real or an "eye test" they should be kicked out then (cough...Cal Ripken and his "I'm not in a position to judge" comment...cough). That's the can of worms that the voters are opening.

This whole thing about punishing an era is ridiculous. It happened. We saw these guys put up monster numbers. And for Bud Selig, the owners, and the HOF not to give voters some kind of guidance on how to treat this era is equally ridiculous.

But ya I'm gonna make the trip to Cooperstown to see that Jim Rice plaque. What a joke the baseball HOF is.
I've heard steroid rumors on Cal Ripken, Nolan Ryan, Dennis Eckersley, Rickey Henderson and Roberto Alomar. I can't say if any of them used but I would put money on the fact that at least one of them did use at so the hof is already more than likely tainted with steroids.

I don't agree with revoking a guys hof status because really the only reason anyone cares about steroids now instead of 20 years ago is because Hank Aarons and RogerMaris's records were broken. Every babyboomer in the country loved Nolan Ryan in the early 90's but can you imagine a 45 year old pitcher today striking out 300 batters and what the fans and media would be thinking.