View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 04:51 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
- Early in the season Robin wanted to allow young players to have their girlfriends on the team charter and AJ was furious over it and would tell anyone who would listen.
- Mentioned that AJ felt like the veterans should get special treatment, while Robin was trying to treat all the same.
I am not saying these things are true, but I think they are completely plausible. Robin certainly seems like a "treat everyone the same" kind of manager, while we all know Ozzie played favorites and favored veterans. I'm not throwing Robin or AJ under the bus, but am giving each of them credit for not taking any of this public earlier. It moreover seems like these accusations come from third parties, not Robin or AJ personally. We all know that if Ozzie was still here, he would have been bitching about it in the media.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.