View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:19 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
It's not about the money. They don't want him. I don't know what's so hard to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
For what it's worth (and remember you have to consider the source) yesterday on Chicago Tribune Live! Kaplan was saying that he was being told that Robin was questioning A.J. last year on his pitch selection and why he was calling certain things at certain times.

He then went on to talk about how catchers who have some defensive issues want to call nothing but fastballs.

Bob Foltman then mentioned that was the reason Olivo was shipped out, that all he wanted was fastballs to have a better chance to throw out basestealers.

Again I have no idea how accurate this is, but if it is, that could explain some things.

Lip
I think the writing on the wall was there as soon as the Sox re-signed Peavy.

Watching AJ and Peavy try to co-exist was excrutiating at times. I remember I posted something after a noticeably disturbing game:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...6&postcount=54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Watched the game like it was a heavyweight fight until the 7th when Young cleared the bases with the triple, at which point I then just fastforwarded through to the end. I knew that was the game winner.

I'm annoyed at AJ and Peavy. It's excruciating to watch these guys try to work with each other. I love both of them as Sox players, but they act like tools to each other to the point where it's uncomfortable. Peavy's shaking AJ signs off all night. AJ's flinging the ball back to Peavy with attitude every time there's a 2-0 count. Peavy can't see AJ's signs, so AJ's being a dick and pulling his fingers up really high in an animated way. They can't hook up on anything. AJ's making faces into the dugout, Peavy's barking at him. It's miracle AJ made it into the 7th. Hopefully Flowers is back and can work Peavy's remaining regular season games, because the AJ/Peavy battery is brutal. Peavy seems like he has a mental roadblock when AJ's behind the plate.