View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 01:56 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
For what it's worth (and remember you have to consider the source) yesterday on Chicago Tribune Live! Kaplan was saying that he was being told that Robin was questioning A.J. last year on his pitch selection and why he was calling certain things at certain times.

He then went on to talk about how catchers who have some defensive issues want to call nothing but fastballs.

Bob Foltman then mentioned that was the reason Olivo was shipped out, that all he wanted was fastballs to have a better chance to throw out basestealers.

Again I have no idea how accurate this is, but if it is, that could explain some things.

Lip
I would be curious to see a comparison of AJ's and Flowers' respective catcher's ERAs and Walks and Hits per Innings Caught (WHIC?) for 2012. It seems that would be a valid and important comparison, but I have no idea where to find it.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.