View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
White Sox Twist: I wonder if there'll be any discussions about Bourjos now. I'd love to make a run at him (for Floyd..?).
Great thought. A great defender and a hitter who could lead off or bat second, Peter Bourjos would fit in nicely with the Sox. In the one season where he played every day, Bourjos had 26 doubles, 11 triples, 12 homers and 22 stolen bases.

He would give the Sox more athleticism at the plate and in the field. And he is a local kid, to boot.

The Sox should explore this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1 View Post
It looks like a great lineup but this could go South pretty quick.

-Pujols isn't the same player, his ops has gone down each of last three years so he probably is on a decline and he's at the age where this starts to happen.
-Hamilton was pretty inconsistent during the 2nd half last year and he is injury prone.
Trout should be good and should adjust well but the scouts did catch up to him at the end last year so I find it hard to believe he can repeat last year.
My concern about Hamilton is this: he has thrived playing in Arlington, Texas. Los Angeles is a much bigger stage and the contract is enormous. It is difficult to predict how he responds to this new situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
The AL Central might not see a Wild Card in a long time.
We'll see. The L.A. Angels were supposed to run away and hide last year, too. They finished 3rd.