View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:38 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg83 View Post
I say this lightly, but the Royals will be a force to reckon with in 2013.
In terms of the AL Central, I agree. I mean, I don't expect KC to be able to compete with the Yankees, Rangers, and Angels day in and day out, but they're in this crap-o-la division. You only have to be the 7th best team in the league to win it. I don't think that is unattainable. You're replacing who? Hochevar, Mendoza, Sanchez, Paulino, Teaford, Mazzarro, and Adcock with Shields, Santana, and Davis. If you get a little bounce back from a few guys who were terrible last year like Hosmer, Moustakas, and Francouer and now a full season of Perez... I think that's definitely enough to significantly close the 13-game gap between them and us, which basically pulls them nearly even with Detroit, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopaLoop View Post
I just don't get it. Royals really frightened me with their potential, now they are just another average team.
How are they less frightening now? Was Myers expected to carry them next season? Was 300-400 innings-ish of the Royals 4th and 5th starter merry go round last year so much more intimidating that the 220 IP Shields will give you and whatever Davis will, as well?

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Maybe never? Apparently I am bad luck