View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:56 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Oh please, before Myers it was Hosmer. Before Hosmer it was Moustakas. Before Moustakas it was Gordon. Only Gordon is even an average MLB player at this point. This is a bad move only on the day you get a trophy for having the world's best farm system. As long as MLB production is the name of the game, KC made a nice move. They have plenty of young, up and coming position players. They desperately needed pitching. They play in a division that only requires 85-90 wins. They're a real threat in the Central now.
Gordon is far from an average player. He had almost 200 hits, and OPS of .822 and even won the gold glove at 3rd last year. The Sox would kill to have a guy like him for the next decade. Moustakas is far from a bust too and it is way too early to tell what he will end up being.

Yes, teams tend to overvalue good prospects (i.e. Beckham, Fields, etc) but these guys are not good prospects, they are elite.

And I've been hearing that the Royals are going to be a threat going on 10 years now. I'll believe it when I see it.