View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Career minor league stats are pretty worthless because what, 1% of minor leaguers are going to make it to the majors? So you're going to face a LOT of garbage pitchers who will never come close to even sniffing the majors, especially in the low levels of the minors. Above A ball Flowers has not demonstrated, to me at least, anything that would suggest he would be a high OBP guy.

As far as defense goes, from my untrained eye it seems to me that AJ's biggest problem is with balls in the dirt on the corners. I think he struggles with those so much more now than a few years ago because his knees are giving out on him, but I see Flowers struggle with those pitches as well. Much more than AJ did back when he first came over. Flowers has a better arm than AJ, but AJ had a pretty good year throwing out base runners as well.
Until a player gets consistent major league AB's, his minor league numbers are the best indicators. Flowers hasn't gotten enough major league ABs to make any definitive judgements. I like his potential as a hitter and defender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).