Thread: Holiday sale
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 AM
WSI Personality

At the risk of piling on I also thought the holiday sales was a huge disappointment. I got there an hour early so I was part of the first group in the jerseys / bats clubhouse and there was nothing to be had. I did find an Addison Reed warmup jersey but thats all I bought . I thought about going to the other clubhouse but the line was extremely long.

The Sox had a tremendous turnout, probably the largest sale turnout ever. And from all of the comments I heard on Saturday most left extremely disppointed.

The Sports Depot had 25% off of everything which brings the prices closer to retail, I did pick up a few things there. With a purchase you could bring your receipt for a free appetizer at Bacardi. When I got to Bacardi about 11am the bartender was quickly overwhelmed. He kept saying "why dont the tell us when they are going to do something like this?"- he apparently was not expecting all of these customers. They added a second waiter but service was very slow. Again, people left disappointed and the Sox miss another opportunity to showcase their facilities

Just poor execution
"Call your sons! Call your daughters! Call your friends! Call your neighbors! Mark Buehrle has a perfect game going into the ninth!"