View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:25 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
I have spent more time on saber stats than most devotees I'd venture to say, beginning with Total Baseball, a couple of decades ago. I'm not a Luddite who curses technology or the changes of life just for the hell of it. I'm alive today because of a one medical procedure that wasn't available until several decades ago, that allowed a highly technical surgery still being perfected to this day. I don't know what else I can say. Perhaps some day I'll meet a saber devotee and we can go over the history, the formulas used and have a civilized argument. I've tried here and for the most part failed. I am now just about totally out of love with saber.
Just going by your posting habits I have seen on this board, I would say you have shown a fair and open mind to a lot of the newer stats out there even if you are skeptical about their function and usefulness. So I hope you didn't think my post was directed at you personally, just the sect of baseball fans out there, for better or worse (mostly worse) who think that anything beyond batting average, home runs, and runs batted in needs some kind of master's level-degree in statistics and math and is done by geeks in their basement for the purposes of mental masturbation. It is what it is.