View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
In recent months I tried several times and completely failed to start a dialogue on a massive recalculation of WAR by baseball-reference this past spring. It reminded of me of how certain regimes would rewrite history years after the fact. Defensive WAR in particular no longer has any meaning for me. I note on the baseball-reference 2012 White Sox page Adam Dunn has a 1.5 OWAR and a -1.7 DWAR. So maybe in the crazy new methods that comes out to a +1.8. As for TDog I think there are few if any posters here who hang in there and take it the way he does. Regarding Dunn, he is right on as far as I'm concerned.
Ultimately, Dunn is better offensive and defensive DH than Beckham is an offensive and defensive 2b. I like Gordon, I think he is better served in a utility role personally, but he is a BAD hitter and an above average defender. He is a top 10 defensive 2b and a bottom 5 offensive 2b.

Yes, obviously Dunn would be better served hitting 6th since he can't keep his average in the 240's anymore. However, you also can't ignore 40 homers and over 90 RBIs.