View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 11:53 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
I'm hoping Dunn won't be on the White Sox in 2013. I realize he will be difficult to move but I'm hoping he's gone by Opening Day. Every team seems to have somebody they would like to move off their team. Hopefully we can get one of those players for Dunn. As much as I don't like A Rod, I would rather have him than Dunn. I'm under the impression the White Sox are going to make some moves at the Winter Meetings in December. The sooner Dunn is gone, the better as far as I'm concerned.
As hitters in a vacuum, Rodriguez might be preferrable (though I think it's almost a wash). But his contract is several orders of magnitude worse. What the Yankees were thinking when they signed him to that 10-year extension, I have no idea. That might be the single worst contract in sports right now. He has 5 years and $114 million left on his contract, and that's not including career HR milestones* worth up to $30 million. The Yankees are stuck with A-Rod's awful contract; next year alone, they'll be paying Rodriguez almost what the Sox will pay Dunn for the 2 remaining years on his deal ($28 million for A-Rod, $30 million for Dunn).

*$6 million each for hitting 660, 714, 755, tying and topping Bonds.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1; Orlando Hudson and Alex Rios walkoffs.
14: 1-0; Opening Day 5-3 win vs Twins.