Thread: Soxfest 2013
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 03:09 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenk16 View Post
The "Early Bird" Special was extended until November 9. Ticket sales must be on fire. I wonder if they'll bring in the Volunteer Corps again to help fill the place?

Giving the Volunteer Corps free admission was one thing, but letting them jump to the front of the lines was a little bit much in my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to attending and seeing some relatively new and old faces with Dye, Luzinski, and Blackjack scheduled to appear!
They sure as hell better not! I'm a soon-to-be 20-year SoxFest veteran and I was BEYOND pissed when I was pushed to the back of the Red Lacquer room for the Opening Ceremony. I'm almost always in the front row, since I get to the hotel around 11:00 in the morning.

From what Christine O'Reilly told me during our lengthy conversation at last year's SoxFest, the Volunteer Corps was in the front half of the Red Lacquer room last year because of Selig's appearance and his presentation of that award to Jerry Reinsdorf.
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12