View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:32 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
This is true

Defense is solid when he is healthy. When that knee degraded on him this year, he had the range of a parked car.

I disagree here. He gives quality ABs and sees a ton of pitches. Fouls off lots of tough pitcher's pitches and in general is a very tough out. He had over 100 hits and 15 doubles so they weren't all HRs.

Youk makes a solid addition to the Sox lineup but I would only want him on a short term contract. Given the ridiculously thin FA market on 3B, Youk will likely garner a larger offer than the Sox are willing to give which would be ok with me. I'd like Youk back but not with a foolish contract.
He does give you good at bats. I don't believe he'll ever be healthy. He's not that old, but broken, and frankly, fat. I'd rather have a guy who hits for average, runs the bases well and can really pick it. That guy might not exist, but at the price, I'd rather you or me at the hot corner over Youk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).