Thread: World Series
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 11:15 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I'm not sure it's significant to anything that the 3rd best team in the NL beat the 7th best team in the AL in a 7-game series with the AL team coming off nearly a week break.
When the White Sox had five off days before the 2005 World Series, they didn't complain about the layoff. They also swept the Astros. It did, however, take five games for the Whtie Sox to beat the Angels after three off days heading into the ALCS. I actually read a couple of national columns in 2005 that diminished the 11-1 accomplishment of the White Sox because they had the benefit of long layoffs.

I thought while watching division and league championship series in both leagues that the National League teams were clearly better than the American League teams. Having seen the Yankees play against the Tigers, I believe the third-best team in the National League would have beaten the best team in the American League this year. I also believe the foruth-best team in the National League would have beaten the best team in the American League if they hadn't lost the NLCS after being up three games to one.