Thread: World Series
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 02:06 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyPretzel View Post
I've been to about 20 different cities for Sox games and Detroit has by far the rudest fans. Even the Tiger mascot threw a box of popcorn at me.
I've never had problems in the D. Last year during a rainy April Sox game at Comerica, Mrs. Hendu and I hit an upper deck bar to warm up and got into a shot drinking contest with some of the other fans. That was a blast and the only time I've seen Mrs. Hendu get "tipsy."

I'm pretty low-key though. Just wear a Sox hat and not a jersey or anything, and cheer loudly for the Sox but never get negative about the opponent or the city I'm in. So I've had a good time at every ball park I've visited fortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkleSox View Post
I would also say that Detroit fans of any sports visiting in Chicago are often ruder than the average visiting fan. Evidenced by many, many, many Sox/Tigers and Hawks/Wings games I've been to and finally my first Bears/Lions game on Monday.
I'd say the Yankees and Red Sox and even Cubs fans at the Cell are as bad. Can you blame Detroit fans for being rude though? I've been to Hawks games against an opponent other than the Wings, and the 'Detroit sucks' chant still breaks out. It goes both ways.