View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:25 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
I agree 100% with this; the Dbacks setup looks great. Social media is the way to go - the more people tweet/FB post/ or whatever their media preference is, the better. Once a wifi network is in place that could handle a full stadium, I'd love to see between-inning tweet or text message contests, with White Sox giveaways. I was able to win Sox Tweet Seats once in 2010, which I thought was really cool.

I've given up on trying to use the Boing wifi, it was pretty much useless this season.
I also had no luck connecting to the Boing wifi hotspot as well. 4G coverage in the ballpark is also pretty much non-existent. Social media interaction is huge for many younger fans, casual fans, and ESPECIALLY female fans. My wife always expresses her disappointment that her photos/check-ins don't upload until after the Sox game is long over. It's a big deal to a lot of people to be able to do use sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tout, etc. during a ballgame. I sat behind a group of girls in the bleachers who took their pictures after the Sox beat the Tigers in September and they each spent 5 min trying to upload the photo to no avail. I had to explain to them that US Cellular Field is a black hole for cell phone coverage. The Sox need to understand that people want to interact with their friends, brag that they are at the game, etc. As others have pointed out, it is FREE MARKETING for the team when fans check into YOUR product and post pictures from YOUR ballpark. The Sox seem to be slow in recognizing its importance in today's marketplace.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin