View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:23 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
I'd also point out that while the 2012 team ultimately did not win the division, watching this group was a breath of fresh air when compared to the misery of 2011. So, I think there's a chance a lot of the survey respondents indicated, "Hey, at least this team played hard and made me proud to be a Sox fan again. That wasn't the case last year." If a market researcher reads a comment like that, one possible interpretation is that playing hard and representing the fan base is extremely important and even more important than whether they won or lost.
I took the survey, so I'm going by memory on this. There was a comments section at the end where people could add any thoughts, but earlier in the survey there was a very specific section of questioning where you ranked, from 1 to 10, the importance of (paraphrasing here) "the team winning, nothing else matters", "the team is very competitive and the ballpark experience is fun", "the food and ballpark experience is most important no matter what happens on the field", etc.

You can see how that middle comment above could have easily ranked highest.