Thread: World Series
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:05 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1 View Post
I'm going for our Central Division. Tigers in 6.
So we can argue that the AL Central is the strongest division in baseball, and that the World Series would have been won by the White Sox if not for the greatness of the Tigers outplaying them in a fierce struggle between two baseball titans.

If I'm a kid, and a bully spends six months beating me up on the playground, I don't wish him well. Of course, it means nothing who you support. It has no effect on who will win. The players don't care. It's not like you are going to run into Tigers fans who will welcome you on the bandwagon after supporting a bunch of losers all season. Maybe swallowing your pride would come with free drinks.

I like the Giants. I like the way they play baseball, strong pitching and defense, not swinging for the fences etc. But even if the Cardinals had won the NLCS, I wouldn't get a good feeling about seeing the Tigers win. Really, from a neutral perspective, there are more feel-good stories associated with the Giants than with the Tigers, although it's been months since anyone on the Tigers has been accused of a hate crime.