View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:49 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
The World Series could be the Tigers (7th best team in the AL) versus the Cardinals (5th best team in the NL). All the Sox had to do was make the post-season. As I said earlier in this thread, it was the easiest path to the World Series in many years. It's a lost opportunity.

The other thing that sucks is that the Tigers had a 7-inning party in the clincher. When's the last time any Chicago team had a chance to clinch at home in that manner? Maybe the '85 Bears against the Rams in the NFC Championship?

I hope this pisses off the White Sox as much as it pisses me off, but I doubt it.
Yep, that's pretty much my thinking too.

Since the AL Central was formed under the 3-division/wild card format, we have seen the Indians dominate (7 times as champs including 6 times in 7 years, 4 ALCS appearances, and two pennants), the Twins dominate (6 times as champs including 4 times in 5 years...though they always choked in the playoffs), now the Tigers have won their 2nd straight division title, one 95-win wild card season, and 2 pennants since '06).

When are the Sox going to dominate the Central? 2005 was awesome, but it's 1 ALCS appearance in 18 seasons. Aside from 2005, only 2 playoff appearances (1-6 record) in the other 17 seasons.

Are the Sox pissed off? Even if they were, are they pissed off to actually do something about it to make our team the one that dominates our division?

I almost wonder if we'll see the Royals have a crack at dominating the AL Central for more than 1 season before we see the Sox finally do it.