View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie_Fox View Post
I don't hate the division rivals. I want them to lose when it benefits the Sox, but I actually respect what they have done with very little in some cases. The Yankees constant dominance, achieved by having more money than anyone else, is bad for the American League, and bad for baseball. They get all the benefits of a free market (getting to keep their bloated revenue) while having none of the disadvantages (they can and would block another team from moving in to their territory, which could EASILY support another team.) They sign whatever free agents they want, and can keep their own talent from leaving via free agency by outbidding everyone else.
I totally agree with what you say here. Five ALCS appearances in the last 10 seasons....how do they do it? It must be that Yankees mystique! I know there are other big-spending teams, but the 2012 Yankees major league payroll is a whopping $23M higher than the 2nd highest payroll team.

The only way i'd ever root for the Yankee$ to win the World Series is in your dreaded scenario of them playing the Cubs.